Thursday, November 15, 2007

Kinda Corny Muffins

For my first recipe from Eat, Drink & Be Vegan, I chose the Kinda Corny Muffins. I subbed all purpose flour for the spelt flour, though. A lot of the recipes in this book call for various flours that I just don't normally keep on-hand. I support the use of whole grains and know that I most definitely need to use more, but I wish she had advised when it was okay to substitute a different kind of flour. Luckily, all purpose flour subbed in just fine. Because I just can't leave well enough alone, I also added in some chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. I probably should try a recipe as-is before adding in ingredients, but I really liked the chipotles in these. My boyfriend ate four muffins, plus part of mine that I wasn't finished with, but made the mistake of leaving half-eaten on the shared plate. I'd say these get two thumbs up from us.

1 comment:

madeinalaska said...

yup, I made those as the recipe was written. Good eats but, I think I would have really liked your addition of chipotle! oh by the way your cuttlets came out looking wayyy better then mine. I think I made them too thin and they got a tad bit over cooked in the oven.
thanks for saying hi over on the ppk boards.
Julee