Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Chickpea Broccoli Casserole and White Bean and Roasted Garlic Soup



Both of these recipes are from Vegan With a Vengeance. I really really really wanted to like this chickpea broccoli casserole. I love chickpeas, broccoli, and onions, so what's not to love? I don't know....this just didn't do it for me. It was too dry, but that part might have been my fault. I cooked up some dried chickpeas for this. Maybe using those rather than canned ones meant I should have added more broth to the recipe. I'm not sure. This recipe doesn't call for much of anything in the way of spices. The blurb above the recipe recommends trying it as is first to see if you like it, before doctoring it up. If I make it again, it definitely needs to be doctored up for me. I later put some cheesy sauce on top just to add a little something. I suppose it had to happen sometime that there would be a recipe in VWAV that didn't rock my world.

P.S. I still love you, Isa. No hard feelings.


White bean and roasted garlic soup is SO good...and easy, too! I love roasting my own garlic, as our apartment smells wonderful now. After I had my wisdom teeth removed about a year ago, I was really burned out on soup for awhile. I am glad I am past that now. Now the problem is that it's starting to get too warm here for soup. I chose to pretend that it wasn't 60 degrees out today, as I really wanted to try this soup.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this casserole, but I tend to eat it with ketchup. I also eat everything with ketchup. Up the broth, definitely.

Oh, and I add celery. Isa hates celery, so don't let her know :)
- Erica

madeinalaska said...

Nope our the casserole was not one of my familys fav. either.

madeinalaska said...

I should really read my comments before posting them huh?
should have said...

Nope that casserole was not one of my family’s fav. either.

Laura said...

That's okay, I still understood what you meant to say. :-)

Emmy said...

That soup sounds great. I don't know why I haven't tried that recipe yet. I agree with you about roasted garlic, it always make the whole house smell so good. Ah, 60 degree weather sounds so nice...it's practically a heat-wave here with temps in the upper 30's this week. LOL