Thursday, February 08, 2007

Teriyaki Tofu (Take 2)


This is more of a product review than anything else, as I've posted a teriyaki tofu stir-fry on here before. This time I marinated the tofu in Soy Vay's Veri Veri Teriyaki sauce, then baked it according to the instructions for the Asian-marinated tofu in Vegan With a Vengeance. Please ignore the veggies underneath the tofu; that's certainly the last time I buy the Kroger brand of mixed veggies! Anyhoo, we've been wanting to try the Soy Vay teriyaki sauce for quite awhile and finally bought a bottle last weekend. It's not bad, but I found it a little too salty. There is also quite a bit of sugar in it. You could really tell how sugary it was after baking the marinated tofu, as a lot of the sugar caramelized on the tofu and the pan. I liked all of the sesame seeds in the sauce, but overall, I don't think this was really worth the money and don't plan on buying it again. They still get credit for a cute brand name, though.

No comments: