Monday, September 24, 2007

Apple Almond Crumb Pie

Here's another test recipe for Julie Hasson: apple almond crumb pie. The crumb topping is actually supposed to have sliced almonds in it, but I like my almonds ground up, so that's what I did. I think apple pie may very well be one of my favorite desserts, and this recipe was certainly no exception. Lucky for me, it is apple season. I am really enjoying the crumb topping options Julie has for many of her pies, as my favorite part of the pie is definitely the filling rather than the crust.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds delicious. I love apple crumble!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I too love the pie-filling more than the pie-crust - this looks quite tasty!

bazu said...

Mmmm, that's the first one I thought to make when I brought home a huge peck of apples last week!

Caty said...

That looks delicious! I love apple pie and I bet the addition of ground almonds makes it even better.

Anonymous said...

Yummy! My husband might go for this, he only likes nuts in certain things, but if I ground the almonds up and made a struesel topping his taste buds may be fooled with good results!

Anardana said...

I want some! Looks good!

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Yuuuuummmmmyyy!