Monday, October 23, 2006

Guilt-Free Chocolate Brownie Cake


I promise we eat much more "real" food than we do dessert.
Yesterday I bought a quart of chocolate Silk soymilk. I don't know why I bought a whole quart when I'd never tried it before. I didn't like this stuff at all--it tastes almost bitter to me. I would feel awful throwing out that much soymilk, so I started looking for dessert recipes I could use it in. The first one I chose was Guilt-Free Chocolate Brownie Cake from Nava Atlas's Vegetarian Family Cookbook. I just replaced the regular soymilk with chocolate. This was tasty and simple. It only used about 1/4th a cup of soymilk, though. I see a lot of chocolate desserts in our future.

1 comment:

Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

this looks delicious, & you know, i have the same giant carton of chocolate silk. great idea to make it more chocolate-y. mmm on those cupcakes, too!