Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Coconut Lime Cookies

One word sums up these cookies: yum! The recipe is from Dreena Burton's Vive le Vegan and boy are these some addictive cookies (especially for my boyfriend. He would close the container and tell me he was done, then I'd turn around a little while later and catch him eating another one). They are light and fluffy cookies. My boyfriend dubbed them albino cookies, as he said he'd never seen a cookie turn out so "white." We're weird, what can I say? We are also in love with the chocolate chip cookie recipe from Vive le Vegan. Boy does Dreena know how to make some awesome cookies. My only complaint is that they tend to use quite a bit of maple syrup. She's Canadian, so I want to say that maple syrup is just cheaper there, but she lives in British Columbia and I've never known that province to be famous for it's maple syrup or anything. Then again, I've never been there, so what do I know?

3 comments:

Celine said...

oh the maple syrup thing saddens me too. i wish i could make her recipes, all the time, but then i see how much syrup's needed and i start bawling because there's no way i can afford to use up THAT much. sad, sad thing. the cookies look goooooooood.

Emmy said...

Yum! Those cookies look delicious. I think I'm the only veg blogger who hasn't tried these cookies yet even though I have that cookbook.

As for Maple Syrup, see if anyone you know has a Sam's Club membership and can buy some for you. They sell a 32 oz. jug for around $9. I checked mine in the fridge and it says it's K Parve too.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.