Thursday, January 18, 2007

Potatoes and Onions, Thai Style

This is another (hit) recipe from Great Vegetarian Cooking Under Pressure. Potatoes and onions, what's not to love? After it was done cooking, I added some Lightlife Chick'n Strips to make it a meal. It's cooked in coconut milk. My boyfriend said that the texture was pretty close to clam chowder. I wouldn't know, as I've never had clam chowder (or any other kind of shellfish), but now I want to play with the basic recipe to make it into some kind of chowder. I'll never really know if it tastes like clam chowder or not. I guess my boyfriend will have to be the taste tester on that one.

3 comments:

Lena said...

It looks very chowder-y, at least. Yum! I'm going to buy some Lightlife Chick'n Strips today and see what I can cook up; I've heard lots of great things about them.

So how do you survive eating out anywhere in this forsaken city? lol

Laura said...

Well, I love to cook, so we don't really go out to eat all that often. But, there's Sunspot (the buns aren't vegan, just so you know), Tomato Head, Sitar, Kashmir, Stir Fry Cafe, P.F. Changs (I still want to know what all the hype is on that one), Moe's...I'm sure there's other places, but that's what comes to mind off the top of my head.

KleoPatra said...

I've not had clam chowder or any other shellfish either. I'll have to make this someday and ask the beau, who i'm sure has... must be interesting!